Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :3

So I have a question in which I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but after working at an animal hospital for 5 years, you tend to triple check everything lol.

I have Aqueon Betta conditioner specifically for betta fish and I also have regular Prime that I use for my goldfish. I've been using the betta conditioner for Paarthurnax (my betta), but it just ran out today.

So my question is - will using the Prime for Paarth be okay? Or do you have to have a water conditioner that says its for betta? Will switching conditioners effect him at all or does it not matter?

I have a feeling he'll be fine with the Prime, but I just like to make sure :3

Thanks!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just use a standard water conditioner with my tank as its not easy to find betta specific items here. Check that it removes chlorine, heavy metals and chloramines and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm pretty sure Prime will do the job, any water conditioner that removes chlorine and is for freshwater fish will probably work.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Both Prime and Stress Coat seem to be popular choices. I use both

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
The switch will be fine. :) I use Prime for my bettas and Safe (by the same company - Prime but 3.5 times more concentrated) for the goldfish. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts