Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing water, how much water contioner do you add if you are only changing half water in a four gallon tank for example. Would I put half contioner of what I would add if I were changing the whole water?. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some say to dose the entire tank volume when changing. I throw in 10ml (I think thats what my syringe is marked too, I dont remember and dont wanna go look, lol) per 2 quart pitcher I put into my 5 gallon tank (normally about 4), so I come pretty close to doing the full dosing.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Do the same dosage you would use for a full water change. You should look into getting a water conditioner that also detoxifies ammonia. Prime is what is recommended.

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
+1 VKJ

For a water change, dose for the whole tank until it's cycled. (You should cycle a 4g tank). Change50% of the water twice per week. In addition, to detoxify ammonia, dose Prime @ 1-drop/gal/day until it's cycled.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the info! I did not get Prime yet but I have added my new betta to his new tank, and so far he seems very happy. Tomorrow I will go out and get Prime. I added the required conditioner, was just not sure about over dosing with the conditioner during water changes but all advice helped! I will post a pic of Elvis in his new home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.