Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've kept many a betta before, but I've recently moved to a new state, and the water here is hard, with a PH of 8, occasionally 8.2.

Will my betta adapt to it? (used to 7.4-7.6 PH), or is it too high for him? Can he thrive and adjust or should I invest in something to lower the PH, and if so, what? I want to stay away from chemicals because they usually just result in instability. Are there any rocks or anything that lower PH?

Or should I just slowly acclimate him over the course of a week or two and not worry about it too much?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm concerned that when I do water changes, if I mess with ph in the tank, the fish might be exposed to fluctuations and stress, since the water I'd be putting in the tank would have a high ph compared to the driftwood water. (I have a 10gal and a 20gal)

Maybe I should just acclimate him... the fish in my 20gal will be ok. I see people here with bettas in tap water and they seem ok.

eek!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That helps a lot because I moved to Arizona, and our water is probably from sources with similar qualities. c:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts