Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,373 Posts
He is going to be gorgeous when he fills out! Love his forward dorsal and those ventrals!

Congratulations on such a nice spawn.

Are you going to keep him and name him "Uno?" :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Haha, thats a great name! I currently have a poll going on another Betta forum with these names:
1) Blu
2) Turq
3) Papasmurf
4) Heisenberg

If I would have got your suggestion before, I would have included it... 😂

But, are you going to name him "Uno?" I think you answered while I was editing. LOL

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I also read them with great interest.
I'm also looking forward to seeing the spawn log for your Mustard Gas. That one I can't wait for. LOL

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Ok. So "Papasmurf" (Yes, that name won the poll)....is looking more mustard gas these days. His fins are starting to show more mustard color and spreading! 😱 I will post pics once I figure out what color he is going to be next! This is very interesting...lol 😂
Oh, and his brother.... (Yes 2 males 1 female)
Is pretty Cellophane at this point with a very faint blue irredescence all over.
And sister just gray with red ripped fins.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
5-5-19: SPAWN LOG #23
It's been a while since I've posted on the Koi x Koi 1st and 2nd Spawns. The 3 (2 Male & 1 Female) have been jarred, healthy and doing well. PapaSmurf is much bigger than the other 2 and is still maintaining his beautiful bluish green coloration with a tinge of yellow in his fins. Brother is still Celophane and sister is looking like a reddish purple. All three are healthy but not growingbas fast as I had hoped, mainly because of limited space and room.
The 2nd spawn's fry is also healthy but also growing at a slower rate. So I've jarred the larger ones and feeding everyone live black worms, live blood worms, frozen Spirulina fed Brine Shrimp and frozen Daphnia 2-3 times a day to accelerate their growth. I've been busy with the new Mustard Gas Fry and the expected shipment of GIANT Candy Koi HM and HMPK Bettas from Thailand for breeding, but I will make some time to take a few photos of the Koi x Koi family.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
5-12-19: SPAWN LOG #24
I thought it would be so appropriate to enter a spawn log today on Mother's Day! The 3 amigos for my first Spawn are 11 weeks old and doing well. The female is coloring up like a magenta and purple while one male is totally Cellophane. But this guy PapaSmurf (name won in a poll) is my pride and joy. He is active healthy and feisty!
Take a look! (I've posted this in the picture forum but wanted this in the spawn log).

https://youtu.be/0tXkBtxXBf8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
He is beautiful. But are you sure he came from the same mother? :laugh: I do love the color almost like a pearl. There ya go charlie. I think it fits him. Or you could try another poll.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm wondering if its a female? It does not react to a mirror 😳. Im not sure anymore....

He is beautiful. But are you sure he came from the same mother? [img= class=inlineimg]/images/Bettafish_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/img] I do love the color almost like a pearl. There ya go charlie. I think it fits him. Or you could try another poll.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
With the color being so light are there any Ovaries visible? I couldn't tell from the picture But it does have the body of a male.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts