Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my gosh. So, guess what I picked up today?

Alternanthera reineckii 'cardinalis' and some Eleocharis parvula! Did a big change including adding in the laterite and planting the plants. Kasper is just... he's absolutely star-struck but how much green is in his tank now. Little stinker is just getting all spoiled.

I will definitely get a picture of the newly planted tank up tomorrow when I get some free-time.

He seems to like the E. parvula a lot. I still have one of the C. undulata that survived and it's doing well too. I cannot wait to see how this tank changes with the plants in it. :D

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Oooh how exciting! I love live plants because the tank changes all the time with the plants. <3 I cannot wait to see your tank setups. =)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Oo! Look at that pretty picture! A. reineckii is standing up and moving towards the light now and it's so pretty under the tannin-enriched water too. And the Nerite is happily perched on his/her rock.

Silly snail. Kasper was hiding in his floaty-tube and being anti-social. Stinker of a fish.

I will take another picture a week or two from now I think. Just to chart progress.

[Also: Small picture because I don't want to eat up anyone's bandwidth with raw-3300x4400px pictures. Enjoy! I'll post the rest of the pictures I took soon!]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update time!

I'll post a picture tomorrow (it's been a busy day) but, I have good news. The ol' C. undulata that I had? It's finally undulating! I just noticed the leaves turning bronze and the edges going wavy today. Everything else seems to be doing good, and I like vacuuming the hairgrass. It's like... styling hair.

Everything looks good and Kasper was a horrible fish-butt who tried to uproot a bunch of the A.reineckii 'cardinalis' by swimming under it. Silly fish.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, update time! I'll post a picture tomorrow after classes but I have to share with you all right now.

After a month of planting.... my Hairgrass has sent out runners! I am so freaking excited! I only just noticed the new little grasses sticking under the sand and laterite yesterday and hoo-boy. I am succeeding. Kasper is happy and his fins are growing back a bunch now (though he still looks raggedy) but man, I am so pleased. All this in my little low-tech tank.

Sadly, Evil Nerite passed away from unknown causes. I was feeding him algae-wafers but... yeah. That's okay. He's in snail-land, munching on Crypts and being an evil butt each day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts