Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta fish is currently recovering from fin rot and a few weeks ago his fins were turning white. I thought this was normal because maybe he's just marbling but other weird things are happening as well. A few days ago his eye turned a lighter color than his other one and looks weird. He's also been swimming frantically and getting stressed even though the water is cleaned and everything. I don't know what's wrong.

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 3
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? yes
What temperature is your tank? 78 - 80 F
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? no

Food:
What food brand do you use? aqueon
Do you feed flakes or pellets? pellets
Freeze-dried?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 6 a day - 3 in morning 3 at night

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of water did you change? 50% once a week 100% once a month
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? dip for weekly 50%, clean everything for 100%
What additives do you use? aquarium salt

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia: ran out of test strips :(
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7
Hardness (GH): 75
Alkalinity (KH): 40

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? about a week ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? turned white, weird color eye,
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? panicking, swimming frantically sometimes and is stressed
Is your Betta still eating? yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? I've been doing more frequent water changes and added a little bit more aquarium salt than usual
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? had fin rot before, recovered from it and now has it again
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she a rescue? Got him in September 2014 from Wal-Mart

Here's a photo of him before all of this happened

Here's photos of him now

His normal eye:

His weird eye:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Is his eye larger than the other one? If so, he has popeye. I'm unsure of treatment, you could PM one off the mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My fish has also turned very white but she is a female betta fish not a male pieces of her fins have been falling off and her eyes are a pure dark black she stays in one place and she wont eat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.