Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed today a couple hours ago, when i got back from my friends house, that pooter has like a gray spot on top of his head.. i have no idea what it is..
Housing
What size is your tank? 2.5 g
What temperature is your tank? 76 f
Does your tank have a filter? no
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? yes
Is your tank heated? no. not yet.
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? topfin pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2xs a day. i fast him on sundays.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 1x a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API stress coat/conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? N/A

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? little gray spot on top of head.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? hasnt changed.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? today.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? no.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? bloated last week. started epsom salt treatment
How old is your fish (approximately)? 5-6 mths. (guessing) got him from walmart..

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
The picture is kind of hard to see...is it just a different coloration of the scales? Cobalt had a whitish spot on his head before, and it cleared up a day or 2 after changing the water.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry.. it was with my camera phone.. and i dont know. he never had that spot before.. i noticed it when i got home yesterday

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has he been exposed to any stress? If so that could be the reason why he has that spot. Such as cleaing 100% of his tank out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for the photo, unfortunately it's too small and fuzzy to see clearly. Could be just simply missing scales, fungus or columnaris. Are you able to describe what it looks like upclose? Ideally, for a 2.5 gal, you may want to consider 50% WC midweek on top of the 100% WC that you are doing now. Super clean water is important to ward off infection. How are you doing the epsom salt treatment for the bloat currently?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive been doing 1-2 tsp for everyone gal daily and changing and cleaning everything daily, but now that i think about it, he likes to sleep next to a fake wooden log with plants and likes to get up close and personal with and i think he might be scratching his head on it..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres some better pictures.. and no, he hasnt encountered any stree that i know of

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts