Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was browsing Youtube after uploading some videos, and saw this first tank. It's a BEAUTIFUL tank, but it really baffles me as to how the heck they got the water tower in there..It's awesome, and would totally provide a fun place for a betta to chill in. Anyone every seen anything like this before??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUroMyfapNo&feature=related

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have seen some weirder ones surprisingly. Check out the fish tank toilet....
I feel terrible for the poor fish who have to see that image..... yuck:-?

http://www.bathroomgifts.com/main/product.asp?prodcode=FNF2500LK

There is even a fish tank bubbling ornament thats in the shape of a.... *whispers* bum..... to put it politly on youtube

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
wow! That was awesome!! I didn't know wat you were talking about at first, I was like wat tower!? I thought it was a baffled filter... Was a beautiful fish too...
I think the fish toilet is a cool idea, assuming they are well takin care of and the water to refill the toilet comes from somewhere else but yea lets just hope they can't see ways actually going on out there...

·
Registered
562 Posts
The only bad thing about the toliet tank is the cover. A fish that needs to breath at the surface can't live in one. So much for a Betta-Potty. XD All puns aside, I seriously doubt watching someone go to the bathroom would scar the fish. The same goes for showers, teeth brushing, shaving, and the like. I would feel sorry for them if they could smell through the glass. Now that would be rough. XD

·
Registered
302 Posts
The fish tank toilet is a really bad idea unless you only used it as a tank and not a toilet. Temperature fluctuation would stress out, if not kill the fish. But it's a cute idea if it's just an ornamental thing, not a real potty.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no kidding! Thats awesome haha.
Yeah I'd feel bad for the fish that had to SMELL that. After my brother does his...business...Even the family avoids that bathroom for 1/2 an hour at least. That kid is beyond smelly lmfao.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oooo....instead of a toilet make a chair like that. The chair as a whole would have a really boxy look to it, but the fish could swim around in it. The legs would have to be solid wood or something and the arms shouldn't have fish in them so no one gets stuck in a tight place. But the seat and back of the chair could be made out of tanks.

But it would propably have a low weight limit compared to non-decrative chairs. All 250 pound-ish guests would have to sit on the couch. That makes it a women/children chair only doesn't it? Meh, even if it's useless as a chair it would be pretty. XD

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I'm guessing the tower is made by sucking all the air out of the tower, then the water gets sucked into the void.
For some reason, don't think this is a good idea for a betta, at least. If he was at the top and suddenly needed air it'd be quite a way to get down and back up to get to the air, since I doubt they plan ahead. but it looks awesome for other fish :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's actually not by filling it with water... I used to play with water like that. Go fill up your sink, take a glass cup, and put it in on it's side so that it fills with water. The tip it upside down and lift-- until the edge of the submerged end of the glass hits the surface the water won't come out. You could always blow a little bubble into the top though.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've got two more weird ones for you guys. The matching fish tank sink to go with the toilet and the bird cage fish tank?..... Some of these tanks on the link below are horrible. Like the cd player one.... blasting music beside a creature thats sensitive to sound?!

http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/2008/06/weird_fish_tanks.php

Attachments

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
It's actually not by filling it with water... I used to play with water like that. Go fill up your sink, take a glass cup, and put it in on it's side so that it fills with water. The tip it upside down and lift-- until the edge of the submerged end of the glass hits the surface the water won't come out. You could always blow a little bubble into the top though.
Yes, I believe this is caused by air not being the the cup to push the water down, so technically the water has to stay up in the cup because there's no other particles to push it down. I was never the best at physics though. xD
And the air bubble would eventually run out of oxygen for the fish anyways, so you'd have to keep filling it D;

·
Registered
509 Posts
assuming you left an inch or so on the top, I think it would be pretty fine with a weekly refill of fresh air. ;D

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
It's a cool idea though, I agree.
I've always loved the idea of a fish coffee table. xD

·
Registered
562 Posts
Darn it. Now I want to fill my bathroom full of fish. A toilet fish tank for when you first enter. The sink fish bowl to wash your hands. Then complete it all with a fishtank bathtub so you can relax and unwind with the fishes. XD

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahaha yes! ^
I've always wanted to swim with my fish so they could see that I can be a water-dweller too. I thought it would be pretty funny to double-bag some fish and float them in a pool so you could "swim" with them. I wonder how confused they'd be haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts