Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the pet store today and got my first Betta fish. He ( I am pretty sure...could be wrong? I'm still new to this Betta stuff :p) is currently acclimating in his tank. I named (him?) Bosco after Bosco from the show thirdwatch :p. It was that or Howie...(Howie from backstreet boys). I've only got a couple pictures from him in his bag after I got him. It's hard to tell in his pictures his fin size, but I didn't see an eggspot. He also (to me) looks kind of young...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congratulations on your new bouncing Betta Boy Bosco!!! haha I'm my incredible inexperience i'm going to say yes it's a boy and yes he's a Betta and if i'm wrong it'll be a learning experience for the both of us haha! Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your new bouncing Betta Boy Bosco!!! haha I'm my incredible inexperience i'm going to say yes it's a boy and yes he's a Betta and if i'm wrong it'll be a learning experience for the both of us haha! Welcome :wave:
Thank you! :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Love the name (and the show!) but I'm sorta surprised you didn't go with Dean given your avatar (love that show too!!). :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the name (and the show!) but I'm sorta surprised you didn't go with Dean given your avatar (love that show too!!). :cool:
haha I never thought of Dean :lol:. i did almost consider calling him pudding...due to a certain supernatural episode...ahaha...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a few more pictures now. The quality isn't the best they're from my iPod:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
He's a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow what a nice bright color! Be warned, you can get addicted to bettas very quickly. I got my first one a month ago, and they are all I think about! Haha. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow what a nice bright color! Be warned, you can get addicted to bettas very quickly. I got my first one a month ago, and they are all I think about! Haha. :D
I think I'm already partially addicted since I've had Betta's on the brain for the past week or two. LOL. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a gorgeous boy! Also, where did you get the pineapple? Is it big enough for him to swim through all holes? haha sorry about all the questions, but I wanted to get this for my female fish but I wasn't sure if it was safe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a gorgeous boy! Also, where did you get the pineapple? Is it big enough for him to swim through all holes? haha sorry about all the questions, but I wanted to get this for my female fish but I wasn't sure if it was safe.
It bought it at the petstore I got him from and the holes are big enough for him to swim through. =D.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi! First of all, congrats on your new betta friend, he's pretty!!!

Second... I love your profile pic. SPN is my favorite show of all times. One of my betta is named Winchester. Just thought I'd share. LOL!:-D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yep he's a boy and he is very handsome! welcome to our insane hobby/addiction I started with one also his name was Yoshe and now I have 30 and intended to start my first spawn here in a few weeks then I'll have lord knows how many!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts