Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just wanted to make sure I have the perfect setup for my bettas before I put them together to spawn.I have a 2.5 gal tank with floor empty of gravel or sand and moss ball floting and half sty cup for his buble nest building.Have conditioned them for 1 week with live Mosquito Larve and water fleas and bloodworms/shirmp gel food.He is very interested in her and she is rubbing the side of her tank.SO I just wanted to see what you would do I am getting ready to put her in the cup and float her in his tank.Have just put in a hidy hole for her to hide after they spawn.Will wait and see what you think will post picture of the tank in couple hours.Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would recommend a larger tank, at least 5 gallons, 10 gallons preferred for spawning and the first weeks of the babies life. But I'm not going to say its impossible to spawn them in a 2.5. If the female is showing vertical striped and looks heavy in the front then she is ready, the male has a nice sized bubble nest and is showing interest in the female then he should be ready to, but my biggest concern is the tank. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will give advise as well. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've spawned in 2.5 gallons but the only problem is if you get a "Large" spawn then you'll have to move them sooner which is a pain the butt.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I would recommend a larger starting tank for the breeding and the first few weeks of the fry's life. If you get a large spawn, that 2.5 is going to get way too crowded way to fast.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankds for all the ideas

I have moved them to a 7 gallon tank.they are doing the chasing game right now,hoping soon will have babies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mating dance starts

Well they are chasing each other around the tank so going like clockwork.Will let you know when they have spawned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts