Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I NEED NAME IDEAS.
Here is my giant fish haul bettas and fish from 4 stores, cichlids, goldfish, mollies, bettas, frogs.
Lets Start off at Petco….
4 new bettas (1 Halfmoon, 2 Deltas, 1 Crowntail) and goldfish (Crown Pearlscale, and Fantail) They were the only fish in the store :O

The Halfmoon:

The Crowntail:

Delta #1:

Delta #2:

Fantail:
Crown pearlscale:

:

Also tropiquarium (Local FIsh Store)
They gave me a cooler XD, 10 male bettas, 2 ADF

No pictures of the 2 African Dwarf Frogs.

And Mikes Pet Center

Named her Sparkle:

Petsmart (1 German Blue Ram, 1 female betta, 2 Sailfin Dalmation mollies, Eco earth)
The girl:
http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/Hermitcrabingrid1/media/14_zps8o7psfxt.png.html
The ram:

I don’t have pics of the mollies. :(

One female went in my 36 gallon, the other is in my 75 gallon. The ram and mollies went into the 36.
All the males went into divided tanks, they took up 4 ten gallons divided into 4 sections each (I already had 2 males in a divided tank.) The 2 African Dwarf frogs are in a planted 5 gallon with my crowntail cody.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just wow! That is alot of fish! Congrats :D

I love rams! Just wish I had room!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Geez, were you planning on getting that many?
lol I believe she was :D

Have to think you must be abit crazy to keep that many bettas tho xD It must have cost a fortune in heaters and tanks!
Beautiful fish tho! I am jealous too!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geez, were you planning on getting that many?
I was not planning on getting this many males, I originally wanted to get maybe 8 males and the rest of my money to be females, but I could only find 2 girls out of all the stores.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol I believe she was :D

Have to think you must be abit crazy to keep that many bettas tho xD It must have cost a fortune in heaters and tanks!
Beautiful fish tho! I am jealous too!
Lol yah I am crazy and obsessed :3 They stole by heart when I first got my betta years ago. Its not just bettas tho too, I got lizards, frogs, hermit crabs, etc.

The initial tank setups are crazy expensive. I have 6 divided tanks (5 ten gallons (Which are all full now) and a divided 20 gallon which is empty. There are 3 sororities (10, 36, 75 gallons.) A few long tanks (5, 2.5, 3) and than breeding tanks (5, 7, 30 gallons) It takes a lot to feed them, filter, decorate, and water changes take hours. Than I still need to take care of the 2 ferrets, hermit crabs (60 gallon and a 40 gallon), My geckos (55 gallon and 10 gallon.) my bearded dragon (140 gallon), my northern green frog (65 gallons), my fowler toad (45 gallons.) Pond (1.5k gallons), my 2 fancy goldfish (29 gallons), the cats, the dog, horses, chickens, cows, pigs. Its a full time job XD.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had thought you bought all those at one time xD
But then I had read your signature..
They're all lovely though :) Makes me wanna go to Petco!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Lol yah I am crazy and obsessed :3 They stole by heart when I first got my betta years ago. Its not just bettas tho too, I got lizards, frogs, hermit crabs, etc.

The initial tank setups are crazy expensive. I have 6 divided tanks (5 ten gallons (Which are all full now) and a divided 20 gallon which is empty. There are 3 sororities (10, 36, 75 gallons.) A few long tanks (5, 2.5, 3) and than breeding tanks (5, 7, 30 gallons) It takes a lot to feed them, filter, decorate, and water changes take hours. Than I still need to take care of the 2 ferrets, hermit crabs (60 gallon and a 40 gallon), My geckos (55 gallon and 10 gallon.) my bearded dragon (140 gallon), my northern green frog (65 gallons), my fowler toad (45 gallons.) Pond (1.5k gallons), my 2 fancy goldfish (29 gallons), the cats, the dog, horses, chickens, cows, pigs. Its a full time job XD.

Sounds like my ideal home tbh :) I would love to have that many animals, or even just ferrets again! I love those little carpet sharks ;) My hubby is not keen on getting some again tho xD

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had thought you bought all those at one time xD
But then I had read your signature..
They're all lovely though :) Makes me wanna go to Petco!
Well I did buy 15 yesterday at once (I went to multiple, petstores)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
WOW! That's a lot of fishies! They're all gorgeous though. If I had the room I'd probably buy all the Bettas from our LPS! haha!

·
Registered
98 Posts
such georgeous babies!! I noticed that one of the goldfish has a really bloated tummy tho. My niece has two of those and I don't think they're supposed to do that??? Just a thought, I don't want you losing one D:

Have fun setting them all up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts