Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta in a fish just doesn't seem like it was enough room so i got him a 10 gallon tank thinking about getting him a gf i see they have the glow betta was going to get a female.
Before an after pictures tank not finish going to get some more stuff it a glow tank

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi , that is a lovely betta you have! Upgrading his tank was a great idea for several reasons! A 10 gallon tank can be heated and kept a stable temperature easier (a steady 77-79 is good) , It gives the betta much needed swimming space(exercise also!), and it is easier to keep the water parameters where they should be!

I would highly recommend getting an api freshwater master test kit with liquid tests if you do not have one already. Be sure to do water changes of at least 25% every week and use a syphon to clean under the gravel.

Like Veloran said , do not get him a female , this will be stressful for both fish and there is a good chance one would harm the other! Bettas in the wild live in large expanses of water and can get away from each other. They come together to breed , but the male soon chases the female away.

I know you are not finished setting up the tank, but be sure to get plants that go all the way to the top of the tank to provide cover on all levels. Bettas get stressed if they do not have enough hiding area and their natural habitat is densely planted.

Good luck on your new tank!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went from a fish blow to a 10 gallon tank.

Yup i see how it goes i am getting some other stuff to add to the t

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looking good, I'm sure your betta feels so much better with all that space!

If you really have your heart set on also getting a female, I'd suggest dividing the tank in half. You can buy pre-made dividers or make your own easily with some plastic mesh from the craft store. That way you only have one tank to take care of, and you can have two bettas without the risk of them hurting one another- and 5g is still quite a lot of swimming space. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're not alone in this. I personally went from 0 tanks 3 months ago to 6 in my office and 1 on the way...

It happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts