Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to petsmart today and found very good thing very clean happy bettas there cups were filled all the way and they looked nice.There was a beautiful all white female that I really wanted but stopped myself until I get a sorrority tank going(as a present for my mom) I can't get any yet I still have to get the tank and let it cycle which could take awhile considering I am a little broke at the moment.Anyways there was a fish girl there cleaning the regular tanks and all the fish looked happy.There were no dead bettas there was also a really nice dal male that was cute and huge.I also got Anardil one of those bio orb color balls cause it matched him and he seems quite interested in it it was kind of expensive though($6.99) but if it keeps him from tail bitting.Anyways just thought I would share my good petsmart experiance since I was so shocked at how well the bettas looked.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Petsmart and Petco, and Meijers are all good. But Walmart is terrible! Thats good to hear another petstore in Michigan is good! :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my petsmart is good now better then most, and my petco is really good too.Is your meijers really... good? I think they are awfull or at least the one here is the cups are always sooo dirty our wal-mart does not have any fish at all(thank god)You are pretty far up north(aren't you?) I live in the plymouth/canton area

·
Registered
153 Posts
Canton as in the suburb of Detroit? I'm like directly west of you, farther west than Grand Rapids by Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are not in detroit about 20 minutes away.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh cool I kind of like it here but I would prefer to live in the country.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great! That sounds like my PetSmart. My PetCo isn't too bad, but not the betta heaven... I am on the east coast... where is Michigan again? My walmart is horrible. No bettas, but dead fish of other kinds ;(

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ehh I'm a city boy. I'd DIE without my cell phone, shopping mall and movie theater. :p
Really I love the country especially in MI it os so pretty.You could still have a cell phone it would be kind of a drive for eveything else though

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow lucky that your petsmart is good. When I got Euphie his cup was icky. All dirty, uneaten food, etc. All of them were like that. I wasn't too happy. And the lady told me all i needed for a betta was a vase/cup and I'd be good to go. I was like no way will I just get him that! I have a 5 gal with heater and such that I'm going to set up for him in a few days (since Im kinda busy now) but I'm currently keeping the water heated with a light (not ideal, I know)

·
Registered
296 Posts
:D My petco is AMAZING. i <3 petco!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow pet store people know nothing about bettas it seems like. Your boy should love his 5 gal.!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes I'm excited to put him in a new home the place im keeping him in is such a hassle. its smaller so I have to do a TON of water changes. :/ I think people who work in pet stores need to pass a test of some sorts to be able to work in certain sections of the store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts