Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? 1 ghost shrimp

Food:
What food brand do you use? Aqueon and tetra
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Both
Freeze-dried? Yes blood worms
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? Just a pinch usually 5 times a week

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? 50% every weekish
What percentage of water did you change?
What is the source of your water? Tap
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Depending on how much substrate
What additives do you use? What brand of conditioner? API betta water conditioner

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia: I’m not going to lie I have no idea how to do these :(
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? Four or five days ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? He seems a little redder maybe?
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Weirdly swimming and lethargic looking
Is your Betta still eating? No
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? No
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? Not that I know of
How long have you owned your Betta? 3 months
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? Not that I know of

He’s been very strangely swimming. Tequila (that’s his name lol) will swim to the top and quite literally just let himself fall to the bottom of the tank and hit it or whatever is in his path. He once had a tank mate that I think died from dropsy. However I isolated that fish as soon as I noticed it was sick. After that I did a 100% water change to make sure that tequila did not catch it. He had been fine since then that was over a month ago now. But all of the sudden he had stopped eating and I figured it was because he was constipated so I allowed him to.. fast? To clear it. Now he has a white ball hanging from the bottom of him? I’m not sure what that is?
You can see it in the picture but it kind of looks like a smidge in the tank but it is a white circle right under him
Ps. His head has always been that red color // sorry to post this twice I just joined I’m still figuring it out! I didn’t fill out the questionnaire the first time but I have now!

·
Super Moderator
18,320 Posts
The red is natural. Lots of Betta have it and lots of owners worry about it.

Going to PM two people who can better help than I with the rest..

Is the above a recent photo? Can you circle the spot? Is he still not eating and acting lethargic?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red is natural. Lots of Betta have it and lots of owners worry about it.

Going to PM two people who can better help than I with the rest..

Is the above a recent photo? Can you circle the spot? Is he still not eating and acting lethargic?
Yes the picture was recent. It became a long white string hanging from the bottom of him. He is still acting lethargic he has eaten only once since this post.

·
Super Moderator
18,320 Posts
He could have internal parasites if it looks like poo. If that is the case, Prazipro should help.

·
Super Moderator
2,362 Posts
Hi, can you get a full picture of his tank?
When you clean the tank, can you take each piece of decor and give it a sniff, see if it smells odd?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts