Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
What a gorgeous idea! I actually thought of doing that for a while, until I remembered I'm a student and move nearly every year haha. But here's a site with great pictures, guides, and inspiration if you're interested :) I actually used this artist's guides on hardscaping as inspiration and a bit of a guide in my own tank.

Link to awesome amazing aquascaper. I think one of those pictures you posted is work done by this guy actually, but I'm not 100% sure.

Can't wait to see how it turns out! You should definitely take photos throughout the process :)

· Registered
333 Posts
This is an amazing idea!! Gorgeous photos. I am thinking that you would want a submersible heater that could be hidden behind a plant, and maybe a sponge filter like this would be easier to use and hide in shallow water:

I cannot wait to see your finished product.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not a lot of progress, just been slowly collecting supplies I need... got a thermostat and water filter for fairly cheap online, got some free aquarium sand on craigslist, and just ordered some biorock for the landscaping. When the rock comes I'll see if it's enough for the space. Once I have those i'll start arranging things and when they look nice I'll start putting in plants!

I have some terrarium plants for up top (caladiums, miniature philodendrons, ferns, moss) that have been growing in regular terrariums so far. It'll probably be another month or so before I can invest in aquatic plants. I'm going to try to go without CO2 and extra light. Once the plants are stable (which might require shrimp or something??) I'll get the betta - don't want to stress him out if the ecosystem crashes in the beginning!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.