Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hello I have a 5 gallon planted aquarium with a betta and 2 mystery snails, I think that's what there called.One is yellow or orange in color and the other is White or grayish. When I got home tonight I realized that there where these little white things in my tank. I'm not sure what they are does anyone know? They could be eggs but I'm not sure what they are from I was thinking the snails but don't snails lay there eggs up on the top of the aquarium? Anyways it looks like there are hundreds of them hoping around my tank. What should I do? They don't seem to be bothering the fish or the snails, so that's good. But what are these things? And can I get rid of them?
  2. 1017659

·
Super Moderator
1,318 Posts
I dont have much experience with planted tanks but is it possible that one of the plants brought it in. As far as removing it I have no clue about how to do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have much experience with planted tanks but is it possible that one of the plants brought it in. As far as removing it I have no clue about how to do that.
Its possible although I have had the plants for quite awhile. This is my first planted tank.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Those look like snail eggs to me, at least they look like nerite snail eggs. I don’t have mystery snails, but I was under the impression they lay their eggs in clusters rather than all over because they can reproduce on their own? Nerite snails lay eggs all over because they need a male to find and fertilize the eggs.
Could you post a pic of the snails?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts