Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search to see who I can contact if my dear fishy becomes super sick.
Interestingly, I found a certified fish vet who can do phone consults across the country and will even do visits if he was scheduled to travel to your state.

He apparently looks after all aquatic animals, ranging from sharks in large aquariums to pet goldfish. There was also a bunch of PDFs in his site regarding fishcare. (Interestingly, in the section on tropical fish, he listed gravel/filtration system/heater/thermometer/water conditioner/fish food/nets as essential items. I dont have a net >.<)

I know most ppl ask for help on forum because most vets do not treat fish. I was just wondering if there was anyone who actually had to involve a fish vet for their betta fish or any other pet fish? What was the experience like?

Just for interest, I was looking at this vet: http://www.thefishvet.com.au
He sells some pretty funky medication and pathology services too.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Nets may or may not be necessary. I cup my boys, by scooping the cup into the tank and sucking them in gently, or in the case of Oliver, I catch him by hand and gently place him in his cup.

·
Registered
951 Posts
National Fish Pharmacy has a help line, while it is a long distance call they do provide advice from someone with a PhD in veterinary sciences, specializing in aquatic life. Dr Brian was the man to talk to, unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. Many times I called on behalf of someone else, 5 minutes to figure out the issue, 20 more going of on a fish/med related tangent. They're still a good resource, and will sort out your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.