Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering what I could put in with my betta to help keep the tank clean. He is in 5 gallon tank with filter, heater at 80, moss balls, anubias nana and Indian almond leave. He also has a rock bridge and a coconut shell cave. Thanks :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 5 gallon tank too and it's constant upkeep with the tank since it is small. I do a vacuum every week and change out 40% of the water every few days. If I don't, the algae takes over.

I bought more plants like amazon sword, anubias and recently anacharis. The anacharis was dying till they got used to the water conditions. I also put in a sponge filter even though my tank has a filter in it (Fluval Spec V). The sponge filter helps break up the biofilm on the water surface. And I stuck a pothos plant (one stem) into the water. I also have the indian leaf in there too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 5 gallon tank too and it's constant upkeep with the tank since it is small. I do a vacuum every week and change out 40% of the water every few days. If I don't, the algae takes over.

I bought more plants like amazon sword, anubias and recently anacharis. The anacharis was dying till they got used to the water conditions. I also put in a sponge filter even though my tank has a filter in it (Fluval Spec V). The sponge filter helps break up the biofilm on the water surface. And I stuck a pothos plant (one stem) into the water. I also have the indian leaf in there too.

Do you just have the betta in the tank or does he have tank mates?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts