Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got these two on Tuesday, and I was wondering what are their colors and fin types.
This is Levy (Lev-E). I was thinking rose tail but im not really sure, he was labled as a halfmoon. As for color is he a multicolor or something more specific?
View attachment 347354

This is the the VT I also got on Tuesday. Is he a bi-color? Also how old do you think he is?
I also need help with naming him, ive narrowed it down to Aragorn, Castien and Thorin, which name do you think fits him?
Sorry the pic isn't great, his temp. home is a bowl which doesn't work well for photos.
View attachment 347362

And then I was wondering what color is Hale?, I was thinking chocolate but his fins are two see through.
View attachment 347370
View attachment 347378

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Cannot make out the tail type of the first, as he needs to be flaring.
He is a multi, as far as I can tell (bi-color is for two colors, most others are multi).

The VT, hard to tell. does he only have two colors? Then yes, bi-colored.

Third fella... I think he is just a bi-color.

Most fancy color types are just that... Fancy. :) Does not make your bettas any more or less better!

I like the name Thorin.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill try to get some better pics of Levy soon, before he really wasn't wanting to flare but now he will and he and his fins look a bit better so ill try to take a better pic soon :)

My second guy has the orangy color, the black around his fins and the main base of his body, and the blue is on his fins and some of the edges of his scales.

Thanks for all the help Sena Hansler :)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took some better photos of them.

I had to borrow one of my girls to get Levy to flare since I don't have a mirror.
These are the best two that I could get of his tail. Sorry there still pretty blurry, my camera didn't want to focus that well.
View attachment 347834
View attachment 347842

I had to use flash on my VT guy since hes so dark and his body is so small its hard to get details in the pics. These make him a lot darker especialy on his fins but you can see his coloration and patern better.
View attachment 347850
View attachment 347858
View attachment 347866

Hopefully these are more helpful :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Levy looks like a HM to me =)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your VT looks like almost wild color.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with bre23, he does.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help every one :)

Hmm now that you mention it, I can kind of see how my VT could be almost wild coloration.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is Levy a fin nipper?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that I can tell. Levy's tail looked like that when I got him.
Unfortunetly my camera kind of does make it look like he nipped his fins. But I think its his tail type. I want to say he either is or has some of the gene in him for either a rose tail or a feather tail.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
If that is as far as his fins spread, he is NOT a halfmoon. a halfmoon means a 180 degree spread - or a "D" shape fin. He may just be a delta (which is fine). As for his fins... By the looks of the first picture he may be a rosetail. :)

Nonetheless he is lovely.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Double post :p

Not really sure why but the photos wont go, so just ignore those lol

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank you :), im not 100% if that's how big his spread is. He kept moving and closing his tail every time I was about to get a good pic of his tail. I think he is a half moon though.
If only they were easier to photograph :lol: :roll:
I just some "better" pics of his tail with my phone, at least in the sense that you can tell the shape of it more then the ones from my camera. (Ignore the messy background :lol: )
View attachment 347890
View attachment 347898

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Even if that's how you got him, Levy might've bitten his fins before (in the cup). Mine did that. Give him a few weeks and see if he doesn't change a little, in his tail shape and his coloration. Same with your second newbie.

Hale looks like a mustard gas to me with his sapphire body and yellowish fins. (Or is it just the yellowish plants in the background making them look that way?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts