Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanoa was listed as a copper halfmoon. He does hit 180 (loooove it) and he is definitely metallic. I think I saw something somewhere mentioning copper being blue-based? I have no idea.

But anyhow. From the front of his tank, Kanoa looks very blue and red. From the side of his tank, he looks copper and lavender. Maybe I need a clearer tank? o.o

I attempted to take a video to compare side, but ended up seeing even more colors: blue, red, green, lavender, copper, steel...

I brought stills! (and can post video at request)

View attachment 364234 View attachment 364258 View attachment 364250 View attachment 364242

So, super reflective copper? Or just an oddball metallic? He has interesting red wash in his fins, including a pretty stripe on his anal fin.

·
Super Moderator
6,430 Posts
Coppers are genetically steel blue based with metallic genes.
Physically they look greyish silver with a tint of red which gives them that "copper" look. IMO coppers are unique because they show the most color reflections out of all metallics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.