Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a new Betta (calling him Moonstone) yesterday from a pet store. I know he isn't nearly as fancy as many of the professionally bred Bettas here, but I would like to know what his color is called. I've not seen one like him before.

First, a description since my pictures are not the best: He is what I call iridescent. He is a shiny mostly white-ish color. The lower part of him has a pink tint to it, and his ventral fins are red. I can see a dark outline around his scales, very thin but it is there. He has maybe a slightly blueish tint to the upper part of him. But overall I just call him iridescent. He is very shiny!

I think this one best shows his coloring, though it is a poor quality image.

These two are less accurate on color, but clearer images.

So, anyone know? Or is he just a non-specific color? (PS - I know he is not the white color or the cellophane, he is not see-through.)

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I'd think he is a copper, or a metallic blue with some red.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd think he is a copper, or a metallic blue with some red.
Thank you! After looking online I was thinking he might be copper, but I was not sure since many sites show such different colors for 'copper'. heh!

I know my last 2 pics make him look blue, but the first one is really his color. Just shiny whitish iridescent, with just a hint of pink on his lower parts and maybe a hint of blue tint to his upper parts.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Well the base colour is a copper. They come with many colours on their fins and can be tinted as well, so that's what he looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts