Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Rose :lol:, she's my new crowntail female from PetCo and I'm not sure what color she is... lol. In certain lighting she appears lavender, while in other, she's gray. Her tail is sort of a transluscent blue/purple, but you can't really see in the picture. I'll try to get a better picture. Well, here she is! :) Please tell me if you can identify her color :). \

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have no idea what to classify her as lol, the brown makes me want to say pineapple but that is brown and yellow. She could be called multi, in the picture though it seems like she is showing stress stripes. How long have you had her? And are the fins clearish but in some light the reflect as a blueish color?

Pretty girl you got there.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I just got her, so I thought it was normal for the stress stripes, she seems more lavender-ish/cellophane in good light, I'm going to get a better picture, and post that one :).

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yeah well you may want to wait for her to get acclimated to her surroundings to take pictures if you are using flash, if not don't worry about it.

Do her fins do this? Her fins are usually clear, but in some light it goes blueish, all of her fins do this too. Never have heard of someone else having a fish like mine so it is cool if yours are.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
she might be light blue :| i have a betta girl that changes color, when i got her:

and when i brang her home:

her fins are actually solid red though

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your betta is very pretty :) That's a really big color change though! XD I checked today, and Rose's fins have gained a reddish color at the tips :) To me, she seems more purple than blue XD

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, a bigger picture would help more. I can barely see the most recent one. She looks like a lavender color though, from what I can tell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts