Betta Fish Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1521 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Water Testing

I just finished testing Rusty's ph level which is 7.6

Later on I am going test the other parameters. He is just swimming and showing off his fins while basking in his tank lighted water/feeling nice and warm in his 81.3 degree water. :-D

·
Registered
160 Posts
So excited! 24 days into my first cycle attempt the ammonia starting to noticeably drop. Was starting to get frustrated there for a bit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
water changed all around.

got 6 new arrivals. 5 girls floating in their soon-to-be new home and a white male.
He refuses to flare and is very skittish. all 6 are very young still.

I bought a HUGE red wendtii plant from walmart the other day for $4.97. It's been in my QT tanks but I needed it for the new boy(three sides ar blacked out, hoping to calm him down) so I took it out.
On closer inspection I noticed it was 4-5 'plants. I guess it'd been growing for a while in there. xD
I removed two of them, planted one in my experimental outside tank and rinsed the other really well and put it in with the new boy so he can hide behind the leaves.

the other three I left locked together so it's nice and thick. I want to set it up as the centerpiece of the sorority tank but I think it may still be too big. It's in a bag right now. I'll figure something out in the morning.May end up taking the rest of it apart and spreading it throughout the tank instead.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Water change today for gorgeous Mako,I swapped his grass plant for a leafy one & he had fun chasing the gravel vac. :mrgreen: Also did a wc for dear Peanut & added some extra Stess Coat for him. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
528 Posts
the 20long got a small water change(just a gallon) since I siphoned the bottom clean. planted 2 young red wendtii's in it. One of my plants managed to reach the surface and is flowering(?) I'm going to try to get a picture for someone to ID it for me. Seems likemy guppies are dropping fry everyday now. xD really need to get these endler-esque males gone asap so I can focus on my mosaics.

I've been keeping a close eye on my new ten gallon sorority, some chasing and flaring but no real fights. Pretty sure I know who the most and least aggressive ones are should I need to make some changes. planning to add a couple more girls next week when they arrive.

My males in their 2.5's got 50% water changes, didn't make it to the store to get the silicone I need to divide their ten gallon. planning to go today after I sleep.

My newest plant(s) seems to be melting, I'm not sure if I should let it do what it will or if I should trim the melted leaves. I've heard they'll usually bounce back after adjusting to your water.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got me a new betta! Was looking for a female but found a male crowntail that really caught my attention. When the light hits him just right one side looks blue but his other side looks green! My two favorite colors! Pretty mellow and curious little guy, he seems interested in the bubbles coming from the sponge filter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
100% clean outs on all small betta tanks- Ah, the lovely feel of everyone having a squeaky clean environment!

The first inhabitants of my shrimp tank arrive; Three amano shrimp. I was too amazed to see my LFS actually had shrimp, -and- a species I wanted to go home empty handed. So much for waiting for the hairgrass to carpet @[email protected]

·
Registered
428 Posts
Finally finished setting up my 20 gallon long for my new sorority. Started a quick cycle with an additive and put in one of my girls who finished her 2 week quarantine to feed the cycle/plants for the next week until they can all go in. So excited!
The 6 gallon also got a water change.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
added Driftwood and my boys are loving it. 8D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Fished out some snails to ship out and cleaned up some new plants that were melting a bit.

Got everything to divide a ten gallon 3 ways and that's my project for later today.

Seeing more fry in my guppy tank, need to rehome those. I'm expecting shipping bags and a heat pack in the mail today for that....

need to do water changes today(30% on the guppy tank, 20 on the sorority and the male in his 2.5 is getting a 90%.
Can't wait to have this ten gallon divided for him and the boys I'm expecting Thursday.<3

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Today was water change day for Peanut,Button & Piglet.I was very glad that I didn't have to completely disturb little Button's latest huge bubblenest & he was happily adding to it after his wc.Peanut had some extra Stress Coat added for his little fin & Piglet had fun checking out the magnet cleaner.Mako followed me around his tank as I went back & forth past him with the water buckets for his cousins.All 4 sweetie boys had extra treats for dinner! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Me and my bf became inspired and made a waterfall tank for one of my bettas. He thinks its pretty great, it makes all my other tanks look hideous now though lol

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
weekly 25% water change for all 22 bettas. All nice and clean now :) trilobite I love what you did with that tank and your betta is such a beautiful colour!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Today we decorated the outside of the tank in honor of his anniversary. :D

And I added the weekly dose of fertilizer for the plants.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
^ Ooooh that is so sweet & cute! :-D What a beautiful boy and tank! I love how you decorated & those betta cupcakes are fantastic.What a wonderful owner you are.Just lovely!

Today was wc day for my little/big boy Mako! :mrgreen: He chased the gravel vac and had fun bubble surfing as I put the fresh water in.I also adjusted the background photo on his tank & added a new homemade leaf hammock for Mr Mako! The stupid suction cup didn't stick properly & it fell off a while later and Mako was sitting under it peeping out. :lol: I then re attached it for him.YAY MAKO! :BIGcool:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
weekly 25% water change for all 22 bettas. All nice and clean now :) trilobite I love what you did with that tank and your betta is such a beautiful colour!!!!
Thanks :) Yeah I like looking at him but his ugly original tank made it unpleasant to look at so it was desperate for a makeover....Now to redo all my other tanks haha

Milkytea those cupcakes look so good!!

221 - 240 of 1521 Posts