Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1521 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
today is water change day for the 2.5 gallon and i will be switching my boy from his 5 gallon rounded tank into a standard 5 gallon. Im going to make dividers for a 10 gallon and possibly the 5 gallon(if i choose to get a new boy :) ).

·
Registered
312 Posts
I added a 2" clay pot to my 10g sorority for the girls (used a screw driver to carefully chisel out the back so it can be swam through) and I took another 2" clay pot and carefully broke it in half and also chiseled out the back, and that one I put in a 5g tank to add an ADF-only sized cave for more comfort and hiding.

I'll probably do a water change on the 10g later today as well.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Added night lights to the sorority tank, did w/c's on everything under 2 gallons, and then recultured all my worms

·
Registered
907 Posts
today I'll be going to a local goodwill to see if they have any tanks for either of my new fish!! If I can't find any tanks then I'm gonna order 2 3g critter keepers off amazon!! right now the new fish are in 1g temp bowls so I might do a water change!!

tomorrow is PWC for both my 5gs... they are currently having algea out brakes but I think I can get it under control...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Today was wc day,but it has been veeeery cold here today so I made it as quick as possible so the little boys heaters wouldn't be off long.Instead of slowly cupping the new water in (which is how I usually do it) I have been just carefully pouring the water in straight from the bucket,which ofcourse is much quicker & alot faster for the heaters to be put back on.Peanut,Button & Piglet really like wc day,nothing bothers them,even when it's cold which is great.I wuv them! :mrgreen:

Funny thing is that when I went to put my own heater on today it was broken. :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fed everybody, removed a dead guppy from my Husband's Hex and did a 50% water change on what has now become the nursery. I am now looking online to see if I can find a top for my 50 (Glass lid slipped and broke) None of the local stores seem to have the appropriate size in stock and it'll take just as long to "special" order one as it would to order one over the internet soooooooooo..... Currently I have a make shift lid made from a yard stick, a piece of vinyl siding, masking tape and Suran wrap.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
So today we awake to a very clogged filter (In the nursery tank) in a very hard to reach area, one non working filter in the Hex (Turns out the power cord came unplugged) and one dead Female Molly (turns out the filter must of been clogged a lot longer than I realized, Ammonia in tank was through the roof!!!!! and I just did a 50% water change yesterday and cleaned out what I thought was the clog causing the problems with water flow) .... removed Pepper (Dead), returned Feather (Momma of the 12 surviving fry) to main Hex, Did a water change of almost 95% on nursery and unclogged filter, again. All seems good to go now..... But ohhhhhh when it rains it pours!!!!!!! Think it's time to invest in some new filters!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit to add: Oh ya and took out most of the artificial stuff and added some live plants to the nursery...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I retied the java fern to a piece of driftwood and it looks a lot better now. Did a tiny water change, and then cleaned up the substrate some.

Still trying to decide how I want the tank to look though!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Did a small water change, fed the boys.
Drew all over the tanks with whiteboard marker to give them something to look at.
Kaida and I had a fun game of 'flare at the evil nasty pen'.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Today was just a normal day of feeding Mojo and Humphrey.
Mojo seems quite pleased with his 1 gallon bowl atop the fire place mantel where he can look at everyone passing by.
Humphrey, I think knows something is up. (He's been flaring at me all day, knowing I'm keeping secrets from him) I've been planning for quite a while to get my friend a betta for her birthday and purchasing a small heater for a new 1.5-2 gallon vase I'm going to put Humphrey in.
I'm also considering getting a moss ball and cutting it up into 3 moss balls.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I usually do water changes on Saturdays but I finished work early so did them all today.And.........Button made his very first bubble nest!!!!!!!!!!!
I hated to wreck it for him,but I had to disturb it during the clean,I tried to go around it but unfortunately bumped it.It was a really great looking one though & so cute! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had to do an emergency water change. He ammonia spiked in my 5 gal. And randomly my filter stopped working. So I had to figure that out.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I usually do wc day on Saturday but we are going to have really cold weather this weekend,so Friday was wc day this week.All 3 little boys had fun chasing the gravel vac & bubble surfing when the new water was poured in.Because it's winter time I just pour the water carefully in straight from the bucket (instead of cupping it back in) so the heater is off for as short a time as possible.I think I'll do it this way all the time whatever the weather is as it's way faster. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I normally check my ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels once a day, but today was my weekly full-panel test where I also checked the pH and both forms of hardness. I also did a 50% water change, changed the baffle on the filter from a water bottle one to two sponges (pre-filter and at the outflow), and added half of an IAL to boyfish's tank.

And then after all the changes, both him and babyfish got frozen bloodworms to eat. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Today I fed my rasboras, admired my snails (the baby ramshorns have doubled in size!), and visited my LFS. I bought an aquarium vacuum, too, and ogled the bettas. Fell in love with a real beauty. But I'm not quite ready for another betta just yet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Today I did some water changes and fed my guys, but most importantly, my mom brought the betta from her workplace home. Almost his whole tail is shredded and deteriorated, poor guy. He's very active though. I set him up in his very own 1g kritter keeper so his water changes will be quick and easy. I hope he's feeling better!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just did a 100% water change today, moved Lucifer's tank into the dinning/kitchen area, and fed him. He seems to really like his new set up.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Today I finally switched the lighting from incandescent to fluorescent. Hopefully this means my plants will begin to thrive and my nitrates will be more manageable.

61 - 80 of 1521 Posts