Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
"Buddy"
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than bump an old thread. This might be a fun thing to share with eachother also I'm mighty curious how other keepers come up with names for their aquatic friends.

So as the title says:

What did you name your Betta and why?

·
Registered
"Buddy"
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go first, my first Betta was called Asbo, because he was super aggresive and Asbo is short for the legal term Antisocial Behavior Order.

My current is called Buddy because he's got a very peaceful and friendly disposition.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Blue Fist, Ice Cold, Red, Yellow Fury and lastly, The Patriot (the coolest of them all.) I named them after their temperament or color schemes. I’ve had more than five, but I can’t remember their names off the top of my head.

·
Registered
Cat: Harry. Bettas: Aeneas, Artemis, Janus, Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Saturn, and Vulcan
3 Posts
Wanted to name them for mythology. Decided to do Greek for the girls, Roman for the boys. Only have one girl though!

I do not plan to reuse names so as the years go on I will probably swap to different cultures’ mythology for names.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Asbo, like I told you earlier, my guy is named Mr Garvey, from the Key and Peele skit. If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend giving it a go on YouTube. It's hilarious and still makes me laugh. My new crayfish has no name. He's creepy and still scares me a little, but rest assured he's very well fed and very well cared for.

·
Registered
"Buddy"
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Asbo, like I told you earlier, my guy is named Mr Garvey, from the Key and Peele skit. If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend giving it a go on YouTube. It's hilarious and still makes me laugh. My new crayfish has no name. He's creepy and still scares me a little, but rest assured he's very well fed and very well cared for.
Aw I always find them strangely cute, just like big shrimp. How big is the cray fish btw? If you name it the crayfish might creep you out a lil less. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Peta because I morphed betta and pet and, I heard of a thing called peta, or people of the ethical treatment of animals.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Aw I always find them strangely cute, just like big shrimp. How big is the cray fish btw? If you name it the crayfish might creep you out a lil less. :)
Thanks for asking Asbo, I'm ok with the crayfish now. While I'm not a huge fan, I'm still fascinated by it. It readily eats cooked shrimp, the recommended pellets, spinach and broccoli. The tank stinks though, even with regular water changes. And it makes a LOT of waste. Every night I use a turkey baster to clean it up. It's messy.

·
Registered
"Buddy"
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I will add, though not really mine but belonged to my other half years ago: A blue veil tail called Merlin after the character design of Merlin in the animated The Sword in the Stone. He was a peaceful fellow too tolerated a gang of male guppies in a community tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rather than bump an old thread. This might be a fun thing to share with eachother also I'm mighty curious how other keepers come up with names for their aquatic friends.

So as the title says:

What did you name your Betta and why?
I called my first betta Bellator which means warrior in Latin because he was very aggressive and definitely a fighter. My next betta I called Piscis, Latin for fish. (I name all my pets Latin names 😂) and my current betta is called Aliquis which is Latin for Koi because he is a Koi betta. Although I’m not so sure how accurate google translate is so those names could mean something else by accident.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts