Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
You probably don't even need to buy anything... just put some obsticals in the tank for the female to hide... small cups laying on their side... anything water safe.

And use clean aged clorimine free water.

Put them together just before nightfall, turn off the lights, and check them in the morning (from a distance). He may slap her around a bit, but that is natural. You have to be brave with them if you want to breed.....

Jeff.:)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lily has been released and all is going well, I added a few more plants, and he is being a LOT less violent this time. One question:Should lily be leading him to the very small nest?I thought it was him that was supposed to be leading her...oh well, whichever way it is supposed to happen, it's working this way :p
Sometimes she will look ready, and he is still in that chase her around mode. I think he needs to be convinced that she is indeed submissive. If it looks like she is being too bossy, he'll have to slap her around a bit... Just their way is all... Just try not to distract them.

Jeff.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.