Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Does it have a heater? no
What temperature is your tank? not sure, room temperature is about 70 degrees
You need a heater, It needs to be set at 80F, Your fish is cold it will get sick and die without a heater.

Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? About every other week
You need to be changing water at least once a week depending on ammonia levels.

What percentage of water did you change? 100%
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? dip out water and rinse/wipe off gravel
100% water changes are not good for the fish, do 50%. Washing the gravel and stuff crashes any cycle you may have had, a light vacuum of the gravel is all you need.

BettaSafe water conditioner
Use this as per instructions.

Tidy-Tank sludge eradicator
This is junk at best, Do not use it.

aquarium salt,
I only use salt as a dip or bath I never add it to my main tank.

Water Parameters:
You need to get a water test kit API master freshwater kit is not bad.

and some tiny organic pellets came with the tank
Throw them out you don't know what they are.

TetraBetta Floating Mini Pellets
Wheat Flour, Fish Meal, Wheat Gluten, Potato Protein, Corn Starch, Soybean Oil, Corn Gluten, Shrimp Meal, Dried Yeast, Monobasic Calcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Algae Meal, Yeast Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Source Of Vit. C), Inositol, Niacin, A-Tocopherol-Acetate (Source Of Vit. E), Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (Source Of Vit. B2), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vit. C), Choline Chloride, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source Of Vit. B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source Of Vit. B6), Vitamin A Palmitate (Source Of Vit. A), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vit. K), Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Cholecalciferol (Source Of Vit. D3), Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Acetate. Color Includes: Annatto Extract, Beta-Carotene, Red 3, Canthaxanthin. Ethoxyquin As A Preservative
This food is rubbish it has too many fillers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts