Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
As far as I know Tetra has TetraMin baby, food that can be given to any tropical fish which are up to 1 cm. Than you can give them normal food, but you should make it smaller by pressing it between your fingers.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Atison's Betta Pro I think is for babies? I have no experience with baby Bettas but I've heard of people crushing normal pellets and also hatching brine shrimp eggs, the live baby brine shrimp with give her something to hunt.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The baby bettas are just juvies, so can be treated almost like adult bettas with the exception of making sure the food actually fits in their mouth. Any high protein pellets will be good for them, I think NLS has a small fish pellet which is almost identical to their betta pellets except a smaller size (or you can crush up betta pellets). I feed my juvies hikari fancy guppy, micro pellets, flakes, bloodworms, blackworms, beefheart etc literally anything that fits in their mouth and has decent protien

Also make sure food is not too big that it gets stuck in their mouth. Bettas are stupid and are good at stuffing their faces to the point that their mouths are so full they cant get air

·
Registered
808 Posts
I fed frozen bloodworms, but Omega One micro pellets would be good too as they are teensy.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yes frozen bloodworms are good, Hikari is the best brand. NLS Grow is the pellet I use for juvi betta all the way to adulthood.
Hikari frozen spirulina brine shrimp is a nutrient powerhouse and my betta eat it like candy starting at 6 weeks old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.