Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often see members unintentionally purchasing bettas (so do I) :) and was wondering what you all keep them in if you weren't planning on getting a new little betta. I have a few small tanks lying around but always eventually use it as an excuse to upgrade, resulting in 2-10 gallon tanks, 5 gallon, 20 gallon long, and a 29 gallon! :p

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I have left fish in the store because I simply cannot take any more. I have no where to keep the tanks. But if it arose that I absolutely NEEDED to take in a fish I have a .5g which I use for q-tank and tank cleanings. Someone on here used a vegetable crisper from the fridge as an emergency home!! lol

I just will not take any pets home if I have no where to keep it. My better judgement always prevails! :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I use very large tupperware containers as a "I need a tank FAST!" type of moment but I will not take in a fish if I don't room for them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, you guys are better than I am!

I just brought a new guy home on Saturday. He came home and I stuck him in a water pitcher until I went out and got him a 3 gallon kritter keeper.

Alas, my better judgment almost never prevails. Hence why I have 3 bettas, 2 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats lol :-D But I wouldn't change it for the world.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i always have a handful of 2.5g tanks on hand just laying around .. and i always pick up a couple when they are on sale (when i used to impulse buy ... 3 in one weekend once LOL).. i don't really impulse buy bettas at the store anymore unless i see one that's breeding quality .. and since i started breeding all those back up 2.5g's that i use to stock up on are great ^_^

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I usually keep them to themselves in 5 gallon tanks when unexpected, when I am planning on one, I try to keep them in 15+ gallon tanks

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Storage containers till I can get them something better.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have two 0.9 gallon cubes and a spare heater I use until I can get the proper gear ;-)

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I have two empty 5 gallons with filters and heaters, lying around empty, BUT I am not allowed to set them up, so no more fish for me. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts