Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've named him Kisaki!
I got him today, he was marked as a female betta and I'm 99.99% sure he's a male. Since he was marked as a female I got him for a crazy cheap price!
What would you say his coloration he is?
I know he's an Plakat elephant ear, his tail shape is a bit odd as well, I assume from birth?
He looks like he's got lip and eye makeup, I love it!!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He is absolutely adorable! Yes, it's a he and he looks like a Pink Salamander to me :-D or Pastel Salamander if you prefer. He looks very healthy and eager which is great! And love his make-up too ;-)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is absolutely adorable! Yes, it's a he and he looks like a Pink Salamander to me :-D or Pastel Salamander if you prefer. He looks very healthy and eager which is great! And love his make-up too ;-)
I've never had such a pink betta before!
What qualifies a betta as "salamander"?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I've never had such a pink betta before!
What qualifies a betta as "salamander"?
Salamander is a term to describe a fish that normally has white butterfly edging, although some don't, but they have a darker color on the fin that fades to a lighter color to the body. So his red, or darker pink fading into light pink.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Salamander is a term to describe a fish that normally has white butterfly edging, although some don't, but they have a darker color on the fin that fades to a lighter color to the body. So his red, or darker pink fading into light pink.
You learn something new everyday :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! I really lucked out, and I'm glad I got him for such a cheap price.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Wow he's a beauty! I paid $29 for my EE boy so you're very lucky to have gotten him so cheap!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow he's a beauty! I paid $29 for my EE boy so you're very lucky to have gotten him so cheap!
Where I'm from EE's are usually between $30-$60, I got him for $5!!!
All because the store thought he was a female :D. In their defense, they ordered a female and that's what they were sent, either way I'm happy!! :D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts