Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50-something fish, 2 dogs and a cat
51 Posts
If your talking about the little tear I see on the caudal fin, then to me it looks like it got tore. If it’s not on the caudal, it looks like you have a nice veiltail betta.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your talking about the little tear I see on the caudal fin, then to me it looks like it got tore. If it’s not on the caudal, it looks like you have a nice veiltail betta.
Yep that’s the one I mean, don’t know what he’s been getting up to during the night but his anubias plant was floating at the top this morning too (dislodged from the rock) as long as he’s ok thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just be careful that it doesn't happen again. Since it is a small rip, if it's a filtered and heated tank at 76 degrees minimum, it should heal on its own. If it doesn't you should post again because it could be fin rot or loss. Give it a week or so.
Yes it’s filtered and heated, don’t think it’s fin rot as it literally happened over night, keeping an eye on him not sure it the filter sponge has pulled it in as he was building bubble nests round the filter

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
It is not fin rot. Take some nylon and run it over all the décor in the tank. If the nylon snags, his tail will too. I would put some indian almond leaf in there and keep the water very clean. If he isn't reinjuring it, it should heal quickly. Though I do find that no matter how hard I try, their tails never stay perfect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not fin rot. Take some nylon and run it over all the décor in the tank. If the nylon snags, his tail will too. I would put some indian almond leaf in there and keep the water very clean. If he isn't reinjuring it, it should heal quickly. Though I do find that no matter how hard I try, their tails never stay perfect.
thanks for replying! I got rid of all his plastic plants apart from one plastic leaf that sticks to the side of the tank, he’s got an ial in tank and done water change and gravel vacuum yesterday he seems happy will keep an eye on it and do the nylon test too :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts