Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breeders created fat little round bettas that were kind of like fancy goldfish....They would probably be the size of a garbanzo bean hahaha....You know, I don't think I even want that to happen....XD

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can find are bloated and egg pictures. But somewhere on this forum someone posted a pic from Aquabid (I think) of a small bloated looking betta.. gaaah! I'm not crazy!!!
I wanna see! Don't tease me like that! lol

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
It is most likely not a new breed, but a Betta with genetic swim bladder problems, there is a very slim chance that an actual breeder will process with this type of line, most knoledgable breeders wont, as the fish will be very inactive, prone to sickness, by poorly, hard to breed further, etc. knowledgable breeders usually know not to sell these types, and cull them. If they don't cull them. They will send them to a happy home.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I don't really like the look of a bloated betta...but the short-bodied one like laki posted....Well I like it a lot....I they bred those in veiltail....I would totally get one lol

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does just being short bodied hurt the betta?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I'm going to step in and say that breeding for that is the worst thing to do. Any fish like that should be sent to a home where they can receive the proper attention or be culled at a young age.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to step in and say that breeding for that is the worst thing to do. Any fish like that should be sent to a home where they can receive the proper attention or be culled at a young age.
Like the one in the picture from the link?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Yes. Even overly finned fish be genetic train wrecks. Boy deformities are out of the question.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Gah I meant body deformities. I type too fast -_-

·
Registered
639 Posts
I see most breeding for large with large fins. I was just wondering the other day about breeding for small. Mini bettas.... hmmm...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see most breeding for large with large fins. I was just wondering the other day about breeding for small. Mini bettas.... hmmm...
I would love mini bettas! As long as they could eat normal pellets lol

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Wilds are sooo tiny :D I want some imbellis so bad lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts