Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many posts about dragon scale bettas. I try to see what is it with the sticky about colour and tails, but i really don't get it. Could you explain to meet with alot of details and maybe pictures?

Plus, why is it such a big deal about it? Are they rare or a new type?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I really dislike the term "dragon scale" for some reason lol. I've watched the developments of dragons and PetsMart "dragon scales" are 99% NOT dragons.

Dragons are thick scaled, metallic looking bettas. Often white or silver. They are totally different from coppers and full mask irids.

Dragons came from mixing wild betta imbellis to domesticated betta splendens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Mr Vampire for this COMPLETE answer :)

I did my research on google, and I could not find any good infos. Everybody tells their 2 cents and nobody agrees together.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
This is why I was so excited to find my Dragonscaled VT last year, he was a true Dragon, unlike the "Dragon" Spidey was. Sheldon was yellow with white scales, almost looked like someone melted wax all over him. Spidey just has thick blue scales over a black body.

THIS is a Dragonscale to me....

AmIRight?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
^ That is a nice dragon. Blue dragons are hard to tell apart from full mask irids (hence my full mask PK boy was sold to me as a dragon).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts