Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cosmo had a slight case of fin rot. I got it took care of, but since putting him back in the 10 gallon tank it seems to be coming back. The water checks out fine at 80* and 0 ammonia and nitrites with 10ppm nitrates.

I change the water weekly and keep the trates in check. All my other fish in the tank are doing beautifully. He does flare a lot if the room light gets cut off before his tank light gets cut off.

Here's a few pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
What do you mean? His fins look like they're growing back nicely! Sometimes they come in with the rays mismatched like that... It adjusts itself over time, though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That split at the top of his caudal just opened up. The splits at the bottom of his anal fin are reopening up as well. Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm thinking he is just over doing his flaring, but I'm not sure. :/

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oh! I see that now. It could be just because they're a little weak from growing back. When I got Mr. Fish he had about half of all of his fins, and when they were growing back (over the course of like 5 months, lol), they split like that A LOT.

Also, make sure nothing in your tank is sharp and the filter intake isn't pulling his fins in. It's probably just caused by the fins being thin, though.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
pretty typical of what my one guy did too.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
it kinda looks like curling or kinking on the anal fin. I have no idea what causes it, but my Champagne has it everywhere but his tail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts