Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peafowl Water Beak Underwater Bird

Water Organism Marine invertebrates Sunlight Underwater

Green Light Plant Water Organism

Hi there 馃檪

This is BB, my first betta fish and first fish tank, which makes me all so new to this.

I noticed recently that there has been some breakage to his fins. I was unsure if this was due to do nipping or items in the tank. There were artificial, plastic leaves on a large tree I have in the tank. I have since removed them and all my remaining plants are real besides some silk flowers, which are in a corner he doesn鈥檛 typically go to. The other thing that crossed my mind was fin rot as well.

I also noticed that there is a white patch under his belly area now that I am unsure if it was there before. I am worried that it may be columnaris or cotton wool disease. It鈥檚 hard to get a clear photo of that particular angle. We recently were dealing with bloat issues and was even more worried when snapping the first picture, that his scales were starting to pinecone (dropsy) but idk if I鈥檓 just being paranoid.

He is a happy fish swimming around all the time and wanting to eat. He has a few tank mates and idk if by doing this, it has stressed him out or what may be going on. I really just want to be sure I鈥檓 doing all that I can to help if something god forbid is wrong with him. I did purchase some Indian almond leaves b/c I do love the natural looking appeal it gives and also that it promotes natural healing.

I appreciate any advice and information!

Super Moderator
Hello and sorry for being late!

White patch under his belly appears to be normal color change from what I can see so far (if not raised or fluffy).

Also I can鈥榯 confirm fin rot - to me it looks more like his delicate fin tips show a bit of curling. So nothing to worry yet. IAL is a good idea anyway馃.

For his bloating issues: Is he maybe eating the corycats' food in addition to his food?

Usually all members posting in this category are asked to fill out the Diseases Form.
So if you want members to have a look into his current environment please fill it out.
More eyes might see more.

BF Diseases & Emergencies Form
(Copy & paste it back here and fill in your answers).

Registered
View attachment 1036475
View attachment 1036476
View attachment 1036477
Hi there 馃檪

This is BB, my first betta fish and first fish tank, which makes me all so new to this.

I noticed recently that there has been some breakage to his fins. I was unsure if this was due to do nipping or items in the tank. There were artificial, plastic leaves on a large tree I have in the tank. I have since removed them and all my remaining plants are real besides some silk flowers, which are in a corner he doesn鈥檛 typically go to. The other thing that crossed my mind was fin rot as well.

I also noticed that there is a white patch under his belly area now that I am unsure if it was there before. I am worried that it may be columnaris or cotton wool disease. It鈥檚 hard to get a clear photo of that particular angle. We recently were dealing with bloat issues and was even more worried when snapping the first picture, that his scales were starting to pinecone (dropsy) but idk if I鈥檓 just being paranoid.

He is a happy fish swimming around all the time and wanting to eat. He has a few tank mates and idk if by doing this, it has stressed him out or what may be going on. I really just want to be sure I鈥檓 doing all that I can to help if something god forbid is wrong with him. I did purchase some Indian almond leaves b/c I do love the natural looking appeal it gives and also that it promotes natural healing.

I appreciate any advice and information!
He looks heathy to me! And beautiful! The white patch looks like natural coloring like the other person Feanor said. Bettas can change their whole color sometimes so it鈥檚 normal. The fins on the other hand look normal also and don鈥檛 look nipped. Usually nipped fins are in bigger pieces or in one area. but yours are not big pieces and are all around his fins. The boating can be over feeding or Hes eating other fish鈥檚 food. I understand that cause my betta is a pig and he eats everything! IAL are amazing I reccomend those.
This is what fin nipping looked like with my betta before and after. He is healed up now though
Fin Fish Fish supply Plant Fawn
Water Plant Beak Fin Underwater

1 - 3 of 3 Posts