Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
All of those above are great low light and maintenance plants. I would add African Water Fern (it's a rhizome plant and spreads nicely as a background plant) I also like Anubias Nana, Asian Water Fern, and money wort. all these plants would be considered low light and low maintenance plants.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 for the Anubias Nana, mine has been growing so well I got two additional plants off of it today, also a big fan of Amazon Sword, Java Fern and Red Ludwigia.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the low lighters. Buce, all anubias, banana plants, java ferns. My all time number one is Java moss. I love the way it looks and every single one of my bettas love to hide and rest in it more than any other plant. It grows so quickly with a little trim and current, and you can do lots of creative designs with it. I bought one little single cup portion of it about a year ago and it has supplied me with all I need, and even some to give to friends for their tanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
I love my crypts, anacharis, anubia, and amazon swords. I like the look of java ferns but for some reason have trouble growing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like hornwort, java moss, anacharis, and anubias. I love the look of java fern, but I also have trouble getting it to grow. ??

·
Banned
222 Posts
There's a neat moss I just ordered called Riccardia chamadryfolia or Mini Pellia.

For a nano (10 gallon) I like smallish swords like E. Horizontalis Mini and E. Parviflorus Tropica.

All manor of Buce/Anubias.

Just for fun I'm trying a stem called Creeping Charlie.

Also just for fun I like to grow Pothos emergent - out of the tank - with the mass of roots in the tank.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
My go to favorites are anubias nana and java ferns. I stick to low light plants so I don't kill them. :grin2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love java fern, anubias varieties and Amazon swords. I have also recently gotten into mosses and am giving a moss wall a go for the first time. Also Marimo moss balls !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts