Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I bought this betta a little over a week ago but I’m not sure what kind it is. I think it’s a Rosetail? Does anyone know?

And the other guy I’m considering getting but I’m not sure what it is. Obviously a dumbo but I dunno about the rest. Any thoughts? (Sorry for the bad phone pictures)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,184 Posts
The one on the left has the body and fin shape of a Double Tail. Is his caudal/tail split? He appears to be a marble gene and may well change colors. The one on the right is a bi-color Dumbo/Elephant Ear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve never seen him flare yet, he’s very docile. Even a mirror wont do the trick. Sometimes it looks like his tail is spilt, sometimes it doesn’t. What does the marble part mean?

·
Super Moderator
19,184 Posts
A double tail has twin lobes; or, the caudal is split in two parts. Their body shape is such to support heavier finnage. I can actually see the fin split. I've circled it below. See how near the bottom of the circle the bottom lobe covers part of the top lobe?

Marble gene means they can change color. Marble genes are unstable.

DoubleTail.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
The one on the left has the body and fin shape of a Double Tail. Is his caudal/tail split? He appears to be a marble gene and may well change colors. The one on the right is a bi-color Dumbo/Elephant Ear.

The above quote is correct. Just the look of his dorsal, he is a DT. The other is a Large Pectoral Plakat (aka Dumbo/Elephant Ear).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts