Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got Fry back at the end of March at just 4 weeks old. I got her from Petco, where they said she was a boy, but they were quite obviously wrong. She had very prominent ovaries under the light.

So now she's about 4 months old. She's grown to be quite the looker. I can tell she has Cambodian coloring, and definitely loves to flaunt her stuff.

However, I am not able to tell if she is a veiltail, delta tail, or plakat female. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. if you feel the tank is a little bare, you'd be right. I just got a 10 gal for her to stretch her fins, and I definitely need more foliage.

·
Super Moderator
5,858 Posts
That's almost impossible. Female long and short fin looks the same. But sometimes they can be differentiated by the anal fin - specially HM. The bottom line of Female's anal fin is often curved downward. While PK's anal is usually straight or curves upward

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's almost impossible. Female long and short fin looks the same. But sometimes they can be differentiated by the anal fin - specially HM. The bottom line of Female's anal fin is often curved downward. While PK's anal is usually straight or curves upward
Her anal fin seems to go straight down. I have a feeling she's a plakat. But we may never know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts