Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this tank at walmart. I am trying to figure out if, for the included filter, i'll need to buy cartridges to replace the one in there? i believe the filter is by Whisper, and the tank itself is Aqua Culture/Hawkeye

it is a one gallon tank, and he seems to be doing quite well in there. i've had him and the tank since last saturday, and i've done one 50% water change so far. any other tips for me?

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's an under gravel filter. Honestly, I'd just take it out and pitch it. With a 1 gallon tank, twice weekly 100% water changes are needed, with or without a filter. 1 gallon is too small of a tank to produce a stable cycle.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I turned his filter off for awhile and he was quite a bit more active, but he also seemed to be flaring a bit more. i also saw him eat for the first time, but that doesn't mean he never ate before. Should I just quit the filter, or keep it? he swims all over regardless of the filter on or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.