Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 36.2%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I wanted to have a spawn or 2 in the near future and we'll start a small business called "Crazy Bettas". I know small businesses don't always do well but I think it'd be fun to take care of a spawn. But what I wanted to know what what kind of fish everyone wants. There's a variety of colors and I wanted to breed some everyone will like. So tell me what you want and I'll start searching online! Vote on the poll above! Choose the color you want and the kind of Betta you want.

Here shows the different types:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dragonscale and Copper Bettas are awesome. I've recently taken a love to Halfmoon Plakats, especially Giants or Half-Giants. Besides the Copper variation for color, I also have been dreaming of a purple and gold betta like I saw in a store once (which sadly died before I could buy it). Not a big fan of the red and blue Bettas anymore since I already have my Gyarados. Definitely keep us updated. You might find yourself with a few potential buyers! :D So my dream bettas would be maybe a Purple with Gold Mustard Halfmoon Plakat Giant (or non giant) and maybe a Purple-Copper Halfmoon Plakat Giant (or non-giant). I love copper mixes (except in red).

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd like some nice koi/marble or dragon HMPK's. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Come up with a healthy new beautiful VT line and I will be your best friend:) VTs are always considered so out but I love them still.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could everyone make up their mind :).

Well since getting everyone to agree is harder than it looks can you see if you can try to agree? I'll start. Does everyone like Half-moon's?

Breeding Veil-Tails seems okay but no one seems to want them and I don't want tons of fish left over.

Which of these fish would you like a spawn from? If you like one, see if you can post a picture of a female you think would go well fish the fish you chose (They're all store bought) and the people I bought the Half-moon from said they get their Bettas from Thailand (or somewhere around there, I forgot).

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, it's not really a case of having everyone agree on tail/colour. We all have our favourites. The most popular is HM. I prefer the Delta tail or super delta while some people don't like long tails at all. Really you're just best off going with a majority rather than having a unanimous vote.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
I love every color and tail there is. Hence why my breeding program contains so many strains (as far as I know I'm the only person breeding more than a few strains).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The picture of the Half-moon Betta will be the father and I was looking for some pictures of Females you think would go nice with him. I was thinking a nice color of female. I'd interrupt the spawning after about 30 eggs so it can be a test spawn. I know people say not to interrupt but the problem is I can't have too many fish and I can't kill the fry. I'll choose a nice female and show you guys and see which one looks nice. It's always nice to have surprise fry because sometimes they turn out really nice.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've been looking for a copper dragon lately. I don't care what tail type, though I would probably pick a Delta, Super Delta, Halfmoon, or Double tail, but I would love a Halfmoon Double tail the most.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oooh! A VT line would be nice. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am not fussy about colour, as different colours strike me when I see them. I am new enough to the "serious" betta hobby that I'm not familiar with all of the available colour combos. I'm kind of like a kid in a candy store.

With finnage it's the same. I already have a crown, a rose and an HM. For me a "want" would be the combination of finnage and the colours that highlight it. I like butterfly with crowntail or halfmoon.

My big wish right now is a giant with HM or plakat. Colour? Dragon or butterfly. Marbles are nice too.

Before I get my giant I'm waiting for this guy to come from the transhipper:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would the Crowntail do good with this female (He's solid red)? A black and red combo seems nice:

What female would go nice with the male Halfmoon that isn't Butterfly? I can't find any butterfly females on aquabid.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.