Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some guppies for my 10 gallon tank. I have since be able to figure out what kind each is by using google. But none of the guppies I have seen in pictures looks like this guy. SOOooo, is this a male guppy? Please post a link showing classification of this fish.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/amandandniko/IMG_0222.jpg

What the heck is he?!??

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would try to get some more endlers for him, he may still school with the guppies, but I would give him some fish of the same species.

Not sure on gender though, probably a male as females are usually almost all brown.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
That is a male Endler. Odd colouration, though. He may be a guppy/Endler crossbreed (many commercially available "Endlers" are).

He will need other Endlers to school with - a trio would do.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
No. It's definitely not a wild endler. They have much more vivid, and concentrated, splotches of colors. That fish looks like either more so a wild strain of guppy being developed into a fancy strain or maybe a guppy endler cross, which is becoming very common these days rendering true, pure strain endlers some what rare. I would guess by the size and body structure, which looks very similar to my wild guppy strains is that it is a first generation bred fancy guppy with a wild guppy

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Endlers and guppies will do particularly fine In My Experince they seem to interact, socialize, and breed together. From my Experince all guppies, endlers, and wild guppies will interact with eachother and live together harmoniously without any more of there own kind. At one point I had two fancy strain guppies, 3 wild strain guppies, and 2 endlers. All of which were active, healthy, and were breeding readily

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
From the picture I can see a genopodium, which is a sign that it is a male. Also the heightened amount of color is another sign that it is a male wild guppy hybrid which coincidentally I am in the process of breeding and creating a new strain as most hybrids such as the one you have arent very common

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Your welcome! I'm glad to help! These are very fascinating fish, there hardier than fancy guppies due to the minimal amount of inbreeding, there faster than fancy guppies due to amount of finnagge, they live longer and IMO. They have much more personality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.