Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Betta (As many of you may have noticed, sorry I'm flooding this with threads). I'm going to give him a while to settle into his new tank, but after that I wanted to get him a tank mate or mates.

What's the best to get him?

I have a 5-gallon tank and he's around 2 inches long (I'm hoping the little guy will get bigger).

I was debating about an algae eater of some sort but those tend to get really big and I'm not sure how well he'd take to one.

I heard neon tetras tend to make good tank mates, but they need to be in a school, and I don't think I could get that many without overstocking the tank.

Any opinions/advice?

· Registered
339 Posts
I have a new Betta (As many of you may have noticed, sorry I'm flooding this with threads). I'm going to give him a while to settle into his new tank, but after that I wanted to get him a tank mate or mates.

What's the best to get him?

I have a 5-gallon tank and he's around 2 inches long (I'm hoping the little guy will get bigger).

I was debating about an algae eater of some sort but those tend to get really big and I'm not sure how well he'd take to one.

I heard neon tetras tend to make good tank mates, but they need to be in a school, and I don't think I could get that many without overstocking the tank.

Any opinions/advice?
Shrimp or snails would be your best bet,

Red cherry shrimps are awesome algae eaters, young ones may get eaten. so try getting bigger ones

· Registered
2,099 Posts
I agree with everyone shrimp and sails are great, but you can get 3 or 4 cories to live with him. This is also in the wrong section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.