Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

So far, I've gotten 2 bettas from petco as babies. One before the other. The first turned out to be a blue crowntail female. She's the mother of my first and current spawn. The second has been a mystery to me. She's still pretty small and lacks a lot of color. I've seen some blue-green sheen to her but she seems like she is still developing. Any guesses to what she might be? I'm planning on starting a sorority with her included. She does not yet have a name.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
VT females:
they have more of there caudal fin curving to re-connect
the baby betta looks like this:
either this one (on the right) or could be a chance of a delta tail, though delta's have a more sharp edges on the caudal fin

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
:I

just like with males, not all females will follow the specific norm. i don't have any veil females to show, but i know body type and finnage will vary from fish to fish. only example i have is my DT delta females.
Spy(sorry for the blurry pic) is more pointy than Heavy. take a look at Spy's fins and general body type:

then, compare it to Heavy, who's also a delta DT:

just like with those two, it's still very possible for the OP's girl to still be a veil. we'd need a better shot at her tail, to see the ray branching. i don't judge based on body type anymore. :B but, by ray count. i personally only count two ray branchings, so that tells me "Veil, Plakat, or Crowntail". if there was more than two, it'd be "Halfmoon, delta or Halfmoon Plakat".

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah she's super hard to take pictures of. I'm hoping to start a sorority tank; I'll be getting a 10gal in about 3 weeks and I'd like to include her (I'm assuming its a her). She's a bit small though and I've got two other full grown females. I'll be getting a couple more when the tank arrives. I'm just hoping the little one will be alright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.