Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Still young :D I think I have a marble... this was him last week when I just got him.

His tail grew so much! So I'm wondering... what tail type might he be?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Two branching rays on his tail make him a veiltail, multicolour/cambodian - best guess. He's got a lot of growing to do, so adorable :)

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I love him too :D especially his colors!
I want to learn more about tail branching lol :D So less branching=veiltail?
I thought he was a delta or something because his fins all touch when he flares, but i gues they grow out of that :3
I think my female's a veil tail too, or a plakat @[email protected]

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Yeah looks like a VT boy. He'll be a round tail for a while and then it'll start to drop down in the common VT shape. I had one do the same thing

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooh :D I'm excited. I can already see it elongating everyday, no kidding!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
yup thats two rays. The little splotches of red right at the end of the tail make it seem like more though :p I had to look really close to see them

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:) I had to take like 30 photos before he'd stay still... and then when I was all like "screw this, I'm just going to take a video" he begins flaring and holding still :(.

And here's my girl which is even harder to photograph, she even made fun of me

Duck face!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
lol yeah you can start to see the "drop" coming in on the top of the tail. Your girl is CUTE!! she reminds me of my avatar Dizzy... I love duck face shots

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
A few look like they have 3 but the others have two.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think its an illusion:p I had to look reallly close too. and he is getting a bit of a "veil" :D
This picture should be clearer
my little man guarding his bubble nest!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
ah ha! the culprit has come out from behind the shadows to be reveled as a VT lol sneaky little devil...

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
XD he better get a nice long healthy tail! I'm excited about how his colors are coming along :) he was almost all white when i first got him

·
Registered
206 Posts
what a pretty fish!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
He is a cutie:) wow..I cannot wait to see the whole Veil drop..oooh..that is gonna be gorgeous..Learning about tails myself but yea, you can see it fan downwards..wow..amazing:) I love learning bout fishy's!!! Coloring is beautiful too!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts