1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
462 Posts
They look like someone just snipped their fins off......definitely don't like.

Not to mention, doesn't the dorsal help them turn and such?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been trying to decided if someone did this or if they were born that way. Either way it's terrible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh my gosh, the poor boy is not only crazy deformed, but looks to have had his fin clipped off. :{ poor boy.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Wow that is terrible. Shame on them.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
No good breeder would breed bettas with bad backs or missing dorsal fins. If they were born that way it makes all the more worse.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
:shock: Now that is just not right!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I don't think they were snipped either.. the whole back where the dorsal fin is connected would probably have the scales grow back abnormally if it was.
That hump is rather unattractive though. If it isn't a genetic thing that causes health problems though, I don't see the problem.. If they had smooth natural looking backs I'd find them pretty cool looking- I love the goldfish with no dorsal fins. If they're selling these low quality ones, they're probably breeding the higher quality ones as we speak..

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
poor fishies i would've took'em IF THAT PERSON ISN'T CRAZY PUTTING $200 DOLLARS FOR THE FISH :-( that's just messed up, who would do such a thing??

·
Registered
462 Posts
To me, a responsible breeder would kindly put such deformed fish down or keep it in a non-breeding environment to live an easy life. Not try and say it's something special, expensive and a trait that should be bred for.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
That's kinda creepy looking :shock:

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
a friend of mine bought a beautiful cambodian girl from PetCo who's missing her dorsal. like the female in that pair, where it's supposed to be, is just a lump. x: those two are beautiful, i adore the male's color, but for $200.... i could get a wonderful breeder pair from a good breeder. or, a few good breeding pairs. :I

1 - 20 of 25 Posts