Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be cool to see what size tanks people keep there bettas in. The minimum I have mine in is a 6 gallon, but I plan on upgrading him to a 15 gallon in June, I feel bad about having him in such a small tank right now

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mine is in a 1.8 gallon. My mother hates having fish tanks in her house. (I used to live by myself but came home because of financial issues.) I have two 10 gallons and my betta tank.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool! as long as your betta has lots of space to swim, the water heated, and its happy then its okay.
and wat do you keep in the 10 gallon?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have a 1 gallon a 2.5 gallon and a 10 gallon divided 3 ways. All are very happy fish!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I keep tetras in one and a goldfish in the other, I plan on releasing my goldfish soon as she is starting to get too big for the tank and will probably create a sorority.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
With multiple fish and bettas, among other living creatures in and around my home- I keep my bettas in different sizes ranging from 1-3 gallons.. Once we find a larger home we all can agree on, then can upgrade to larger tanks, along with sororities and a breeding set up.
But for now all are perfectly happy and healthy and I am not as squashed for space :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Dragonfly is in a 2 gallon critter keeper :) His fins are FINALLY re-growing! I prefer smaller tanks, and my guy doesn't seem to mind.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Bowser is in the 2-3 gallon Kritter Keeper, I can never be sure of the gallon size. It's the medium one though. Ludey is in a 3 gallon. I don't know the brand of his tank bc I traded my 1 gallon with someone for it, but for a month or so Ludendorff was only okay with it half filled. I filled it last night and he's okay now :0 I think the space freaked him out all at once coming from the store.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
If it's the one with a blue lid from PetCo, the mediums are approx 1.75 gal, the large is approx 2.75 gal. Normally it's the same with most kritter keepers.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
My smallest betta tank is Odysseus's 5 gallon. It's a really good one, because it is 17 inches long, so gives him heaps of room to explore.

I did have Circe in a 3 gallon to QT her, but she was so tiny it looked like ten gallons! She's now in the 16 gallon with the other girls, and that tank is given over to my crystal red shrimp. :)

Personally, I wouldn't want to have less than 5 gallons because I like having a cycle, and hate doing 100% changes.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
If it's the one with a blue lid from PetCo, the mediums are approx 1.75 gal, the large is approx 2.75 gal. Normally it's the same with most kritter keepers.
No it's not Kritter Keeper brand. I got it at PetSmart and it's definitely larger than 1.75g!! lol

·
Registered
959 Posts
No it's not Kritter Keeper brand. I got it at PetSmart and it's definitely larger than 1.75g!! lol
Have you seen the critter keeper stick? It tells you sizes based on measurements. The measurements are on petsmarts website! I also have one from petsmart, mine is 2 gallons :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Smallest is a 3 gal, biggest is a 5.5gal :)

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
my smallest tanks are one gallon. i have Lulu in one, and Pyro in the other. Lulu, because she stresses in anything bigger, Pyro because i was trying to stop him from pacing. it..... didn't work. :I

·
Registered
448 Posts
Right now my boys are in the 1.75 petco keepers. I have two 10 gallons that will be set up for Cosmo and a future resident yet to be found. Looking for a darker with some red finnage King Crowntail. I had Mystic in the 10 gallon tank, but even when the water was pristine he seemed stressed by the filter and it's only 85GPH. He would just sit under his cave most of the day and would only come out for 30min or so at a time. When I turned off the filter he would come out and explore. As soon as I get my 10 gallons cycled and holders moved I'll upgrade him to an unfiltered 2.5 gallon aquarium on my desk. That's the largest I'm going to be willing to do a 100% change on for the guy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts