Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ton, and they all eventually died off or idk wat, once i had greenwater rlly bad and i could see nothing in the tank for a minth before i finally got it under contorl, and i started with 10 neon tetras and came out with 2. Dont ask me, i fed them there was zero amonia nitrite nitrate foind no evidence of dead fish..

so I haf a school of glow lites with 2 neons tagging along, stressful for the neons, I want glow lites cuz they are more hardy, but wat to do with these neons? I dont want another school of neons. :/

my friend I would give them to, takes poor care of her fish and her brothers have been known the be cruel to fish, so thats out. ugh!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never been a fan of Neon Tetra (any Tetra to be honest). They tend to die easy and either seem to get harassed or go after others. I'm just not a fan. The only fish to ever die on me (early deaths that is) is Neon Tetra. I have no use for them.

If you want small fish that are colorful, then get guppies.

I suggest buying a small 3 gallon tank and keeping the unwanted fish in there. You can eventually use that tank for a betta, breeder or quarantine tank.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Not such a good idea. It is better that they just live out their days with the glowlights than in a tank alone, Sam.

I'd just keep them, Pog, until they die too. As for the green water, I feel your pain! It is really annoying. If it happens again, do a 50% water change, then keep the tank in total darkness for 5 days. No lights, tape cardboard over the glass, no feeding, nothing. Then do another 50% change. That should kill the green. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a uv sanitizer so it wont happen again :p so yeah ima get cardinal tetras but theese neons are NOT dying and i mean.. oh well

·
Registered
575 Posts
Oh I wish we were close in distance I'd take them. I love my neons like little children and I have room :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts