Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I just bought a baby betta from Petsmart. Felt sorry for the little guy. I’m having trouble feeding him. I’m trying to teach him to come to the top for food .He is in a 5 gallon Fluval. I have pellets but they seem pretty big for him. Should I get flakes for now? Do they have flakes for baby bettas? This is my little cutie

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,200 Posts
Frozen Daphnia, Baby Brine Shrimp, Cyclops, "Mini" Bloodworms. Search for "Baby Fish Food" or "Food for Baby Fish." Ignore the "How to feed your baby fish" suggestions. ;)

Equally important is lots of water changes as baby Betta need water to be cleanest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And don't forget to use catappa leaves or indian almond to make natural water for betta fish.
So by the photos do you know about how old he may be? And how many water changes a week should I do and how much 25%, 50% etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And don't forget to use catappa leaves or indian almond to make natural water for betta fish.
Frozen Daphnia, Baby Brine Shrimp, Cyclops, "Mini" Bloodworms. Search for "Baby Fish Food" or "Food for Baby Fish." Ignore the "How to feed your baby fish" suggestions. ;)

Equally important is lots of water changes as baby Betta need water to be cleanest.
So by the photos do you know about how old he may be? And how many water changes a week should I do and how much 25%, 50% etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im not sure, but i think he's 3 month++. Hmm sometimes 25%,50% and im change 100%. It depends what food you give, like me i give every my bettas is baby shrimp or artemia. In one week i change the water 25%. I change into 100% because my bettas under treatmen to increase the color and for mutation. Treatment with catappa leaves until 1 month and change water into clean water after that. Im sorry if my english is not good enough 🙏🏻

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not sure, but i think he's 3 month++. Hmm sometimes 25%,50% and im change 100%. It depends what food you give, like me i give every my bettas is baby shrimp or artemia. In one week i change the water 25%. I change into 100% because my bettas under treatmen to increase the color and for mutation. Treatment with catappa leaves until 1 month and change water into clean water after that. Im sorry if my english is not good enough 🙏🏻
Thank you very much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts