Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read somewhere that it's best to feed freeze dried bloodworms and flakes and pellets aren't great. But I also saw something saying to opposite. My fish aren't as interested in the pellets I have for them then with the frozen bloodworms I give them maybe once a week for a treat. They LOVE them. I also have freeze dried. So what should I give them regularly? As I said they don't care much for the pellets and sometimes get wasted.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If the flakes and pellets are a bad brand, than ya they are bad. But omega one and new life spectrum are really good (i personally like omega one more).

Freeze dried isnt to good. Frozen is a much better option. I feed mine 1-3 times a week. It always changes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Do not give your fish freeze dried food or flakes, they lead to bloating and constipation.

The best thing to feed your fish is pellets that are low in fillers. The forum recommends either Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets or New Life Spectrum Betta Formula, Small Fish Formula, All Purpose Formula (1mm or smaller). These pellets have a lot of protein and little fillers.

You can also feed frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp as a once a week treat.

If he is having trouble eating the pellets then you have to train him to eat them. Every time it is feeding time, offer him one pellet. If he doesn't eat it or spits it out then remove it and try at the next feeding time. Keep doing this and do not switch away from the pellets. Eventually he will learn they are food and eat them. Bettas can go weeks to a month without food so do not worry about starving him. You can also try soaking the pellets in garlic juice - just microwave a garlic clove until you see liquid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.