Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,197 Posts
The first one looks like a tri color, and the second is a dragonscale! And no, they are not rare! They are both handsome, anyways!!

·
Super Moderator
7,097 Posts
I don't know the commercial names of marbles and the picture if the first guy is q front view. We need flaring side view pictures to tell you more about them.

The second picture is also unclear. When viewed normally, he looks like a red dragon. But when zoomed, he looks like a cambodian.

If you can get close up side view pictures of them flaring, we should be able to better help you

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know the commercial names of marbles and the picture if the first guy is q front view. We need flaring side view pictures to tell you more about them.

The second picture is also unclear. When viewed normally, he looks like a red dragon. But when zoomed, he looks like a cambodian.

If you can get close up side view pictures of them flaring, we should be able to better help you
Not even gonna add to this spot-on reply except to (1) emphasize the need for better photos and (2) add my 2c that the guy on the right looks like a Cambodian from what I can tell.

Not rare fish but Cambodians are way less common now (at least where I'm located) than they were ten years ago. Must not be very popular these days.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I really hope those aren’t their permanent tanks! Betta fish need heated and filtered water, and those are way too small to properly heat and filter.

If you’re a new betta owner I’d recommend a 5-10 gallon for each fish, it’ll be easy to heat and filter and be a lot less maintenance than what would be needed for those bowls.

what a lot of owners do is take a 10 gallon and split it with a tank divider so that each fish has 5 gallons and both sides get heated and filtered from one filter and one heater instead of 2.

·
Super Moderator
7,097 Posts
The second guy is cambodian. Not really rare, but many breeders use them to create new colors. So in terms of pure genes, it's rather rare

First guy is not flaring and since many are breeding them, they sre not rare. However you will unlikely find another fish with an exact pattern. . . . .similar, maybe - but not the same. I still can't see his form though.

·
Super Moderator
23,872 Posts
A belated "Welcome to the Forum!" Both are lovely and look to be in good health.

I can't see the flag clearly, but it appears you are in a country where heaters are not needed and bowls such as yours, especially for breeders, are the accepted norm. Filters are always optional. I know of few breeders who use filters; instead, they depend on water changes to maintain health as I am sure are you.

There are no studies which definitively establish the proper size and shape of Betta habitat; only opinions. The lack of studies is why this Forum does not endorse any particular size or shape. However, as noted above, the larger the habitat the easier to maintain and filters make it even easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts